Upon F$P Go-Live, new items creation and management for the F$P Item Master will be a centralized responsibility within the Strategic Sourcing Team.
This will allow for a uniform new item request process, and facilitate for future data analysis and reporting. The Strategic Sourcing Team will continue to work with departments to train and certify key personnel for future item creation and management roles.
All new items requests should be submitted via creating a ticket request through the new SF Employee User Support Portal. Below is the link to the SF Employee Portal.
The following are guidelines and considerations for adding new items to the F$P Item Master catalog.
- All items included under Citywide Term Contracts (Commodities and General Services).
- All items identified as Capital Assets.
- Items that are managed inventory within departmental Maintenance Management Systems.
- Items with a purchase cost of ≥ $3,000.
Priority new items will be added to the F$P Item Master for subsequent transactions within 24 hours after ticket request submittal.
If you have any questions, please contact the Strategic Sourcing Team or call (415) 558-7852.
In this article, you will learn about using the Item Requests process.
This process will be facilitated through the use of the SF Employee User Support Portal – Ticket Submission.
How do I submit a request?
- Log into the SF Employee User Support Portal
- Select create a new ticket
- Enter the required fields
- Attach the Item Request form
- Submit the ticket
What information do I need to submit?
- Complete all required (*) fields:
- Subject * - “New Item Request”
- Business Line – “Procurement”
- Minimum Item information entered within Description * -
- Item Description
- Item manufacturer (if known - can be different then Supplier/Vendor)
- Unit of Measure (UOM) – item quantities or physical properties requested and received.
- Supplier/Vendor ID (required in order to purchase)
- NIGP Category ID (if known)
- Submit additional information as attachments if available (e.g., MSDS sheet, Items Specification and description pdf. form, item lists spreadsheets)