Audience: City department users working with Fixed Assets.
What is in this article?
The process used to determine what items purchased in PeopleSoft SF Procurement should be identified as capital equipment.
The process for capitalizing equipment, going forward from July 2018, will be as follows:
- Purchaser processing a Purchase Order for capital equipment uses a Category Code (also known as NIGP, or Commodity, Code) that is mapped in PeopleSoft SF Financials to a Fixed Asset Profile ID.
- When the Voucher is processed, the Voucher will appear in a pre-interface table in Accounts Payable (AP) prior to being loaded into the Asset Management module.
- The Controller's Office AOSD Fixed Asset team has a query that allows them to pull the information from the pre-interface table and parse it out by department.
- The Controller's Office AOSD Fixed Asset team will send out the list of items periodically throughout the year for departments to let us know what, specifically, on the list is capitalizable.
- AOSD will process the capital equipment purchases through the interface process.