Purpose of this Article: This solution article provides step by step instructions on how to process pay rate changes for MEA employees. Topics include identifying MEA employees, updating pay rate, and adjusting Additional Components of Pay such as Acting Assignment Pay, Supervisory Differential, and Motorcycle Pay.
Audience: SF People & Pay Power Users
Author: Alexis Cruz Eusebio
Version/Update Date: 2.0 / 12/16/2020
While the Controller’s Systems Division processes MOU-driven Mass Salary Updates for salary step employees, Departments are responsible for processing pay rate changes for MEA employees and Additional Components of Pay. Follow the steps below to complete department tasks for managing MEA employee pay rate changes.
Part I. Identify your MEA employees by running the MRG_HR_EE_MCCP_SAL query to generate a list of your department’s management employees under Salary Range A, B and C. Departments are required to manually update the compensation rates for these MEA employees based on their MOU-driven pay rate changes
The query also displays Additional Components of Pay information, so departments can adjust their employee’s Additional Component of Pay rates accordingly. You can also download the results to Excel to facilitate your review.
The example results below features an employee with Supervisory Differential Pay indicated by ‘SUPFLT’ under the Rate Code column.
Part II. Update your MEA employee’s pay rate and Additional Components of Pay
1. Add a new effective dated row in Job Data
2. Use the appropriate Effective Date for your MEA employee’s pay rate change
3. Increase the Effective Sequence number as necessary
4. Select Action/Reason “Data Change/Update Job Data”
5. Click the Salary Plan tab to review the employee’s current salary range
6. If the rate change results in a different salary range, click the Grade lookup button
7. Enter the employee’s new salary range in the Description field
8. Click the Search button
9. Select the Salary Grade
10. Click the Save button
11. Add a comment in the Notepad to indicate that the ‘Data Change/Update Job Data’ transaction was added to process the MEA employee’s pay rate change, and to adjust the employee’s Additional Component of Pay. You have reached the end of the process.
- Training: Reach out to the SF Employee Portal Support team
- Compensation Rates: Contact the Department of Human Resources, Class and Compensation Unit