The video and instructions are intend for New User first time log in.
The City and County of San Francisco is using an Active Directory to manage logins and access to the SF Employee Portal and PeopleSoft system.
1. To access the login page, start at the following web page: www.sfgov.org/sfemployee
2. Click "SF Employee Portal Employee Login" tile.
3. Enter your Employee/ID and Network Password
Notes for Username:
Your username is the Employee ID/DSW (Disaster Service Worker) number found on the back of your employee badge. This same credential is used to log into your computer and email systems.
4. Click the "Agree and Sign" button
5. You will be prompted to register for one of the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) methods to verify your identity:
a. Download the Mobile App for verification
b. Enter a mobile phone# to receive a secure code
c.. Setup security questions
6. Once you complete the MFA registration you will be automatically prompted to reset your password.
Notes for Password Requirements
As this system is linked into the citywide directory, you will use the same password as your computer or email login.
To maintain a high level of security, passwords must be complex and are required to be changed frequently. Passwords require:
- 1 Upper case letter
- 1 Lower case letter
- 1 Special Character, including @ ! # $ % ^ & * (do not use the / or \ )
- 1 Number
- 10 or more characters long
You will be required to change your password every 90 days and you cannot reuse your last 7 passwords. Remember, a secure password means secure data in our systems.
If you get locked out of your account or cannot log in, contact the Department of Technology's help desk at: