This article contains three job aids which will assist you with Contract Management.
The first article "Grants Management: Modify Customer Contract to Associate New Projects and/or Activities" entails the following points:
- Provides step by step instructions to modify a customer contract to associate different projects and activities so Project Costing can collect costs associated with those projects and activities to make them eligible for billing to the sponsor
- If an Award Profile has already been generated, it is recommended that projects are not deleted from the customer contracts as the award profile will error with the missing association.
- Instead, if a user must disassociate a project from a customer contract to render it ineligible for future billing to a sponsor, it is recommended that a named “inactive” activity is added to any such projects that need to be disassociated, and this named “inactive” activity should be associated instead of actual delivery activities currently associated
- In Project Costing, this named “inactive” activity should also be switched to inactive
- Transactions will not be processed against this inactive activity and will not be billed. Additionally, it ensures the transactional record remains intact for audit and reporting purposes
The second article "Grants Management: Modify Customer Contract to update Accounting Distribution" entails the following points:
Provides the step by step instructions to modify a customer contract to change the accounting distribution values for each line associated with the customer contract. Unbilled Accounts Receivable transactions (analysis type BIL) will inherit the accounting values placed in these fields
The end user must update the ChartField values to the correct values when transactions are identified automatically in the system based on the configurations entered in Contract Terms. The default account (100040) is the unbilled AR account
The third article "Grants Management: Amend Customer Contract to update Billing Limit" entails the following points:
- Provides the step by step instructions to amend a customer contract to change the total amount billable to a grant sponsor for a specific grant award
- After a customer contract has been activated, any change to the contract billing limit amounts requires an amendment
- A user desiring to make changes to the total billing limits or line billing limits will need to amend a customer contract
- Once an amendment is pending, a user can navigate between the current view and the amendment view with editable information